Bourke Style Hurley (31″-36″)
The Bourke Style hurley has a medium-large bas which provides a very pure strike and offers great feel. It is a mix between a traditional Tipperary and Kilkenny shape. The Bourke Style is our Top Seller.
All our hurleys are made to order so please allow up to 10 working days for your order to be fulfilled.
If you not sure what size hurley to order please refer to our Size Guide below.
Ideally a hurley should maintain a moisture content of 15%-16%. It is common for hurleys to go below this level of moisture. When it does, hurleys are more prone to breaking. Here are some tips to help extend the lifespan of your hurley.
– Do NOT play with a new hurley straight away when it is new. We recommend leaving the hurley up for approximately 2 weeks when you get it. This gives the timber a chance to season and toughen.
– Do NOT keep your hurley near heat, in your car, in the booth, or in sunlight. This will cause the timber to dry out and weaken the strength of your hurley.
– Do NOT over flex your hurley as this can weaken the fibres in the shaft, especially when the timber is freh.
– Application of linseed oil can be a good preservative for the hurley as it helps prevent the hurley from drying out. Note: Boiled Linseed Oil dries quick on the surface as oppose to Raw Linseed Oil. However, Raw Linseed Oil soaks in through the fibres of the hurley which is better.
– Keep your hurley somewhere cool, away from heat and out of the sun. In warm weather it is good practice to store them in a plastic bag and tie the top of the bag. By sealing the bag, it keeps the moisture within the bag and helps preventing the timber from drying out. If you think your hurley may have dried out a little it might be a good idea to wet a sponge and put the sponge into the bag with the hurley also.